Thursday, June 2, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

 
First and foremost we are so thankful for
the sacrifice of so many for our freedom!
We remember and will never forget.
 
We were up early on Saturday to do our
laundry and meet up with our laundry pals.
We have such fun with these guys hah
 
My Judah was happy I did laundry also hah
 
Then we did all our errands.
I spent some time putting together our
new kitty furniture to hide the litter box.
 
 
We love it and so do our boys.
 
We did a lot of this . . .
 

 
Then a nice dinner at Bertucci's
Love their pizza !
 
 
 
Sunday we went to worship ~
 
 
Hubby worked down stairs with "his kids" 
 
We sang Battle Hymn of Republic, God Bless America &
America the Beautiful.  These songs always  make me cry.
America may have its problems ~ but we are
the best country in the world.
 
After church we headed to up state NY.
Most folks that live at the Jersey shore
head south, but we head north ! hah
(avoid the crowds) 
 
Do you blame us?  Garden State Parkway
 
 
 The ride is just glorious to upstate NY !
 


Love the flag !




 
We stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel
 
I tried the Camp Fire Meal ~ so glad I did
 
Delicious  tender and moist  - loved it.
 
 
Memorial Day Monday we had breakfast at our little
local diner.  They have great food.
 
 
 
Oh my gosh look what I ate !
 
 
Then we did shopping at Steinmart.
I found two great tops for work and they were 50%
off plus 20% at register.  Great buy.
 
I decided to make some homemade potato salad for
our little indoor BBQ
 
Hubby wanted to make sausage and peppers and we
picked up some salad and cole slaw at the store.
 
 
It was a blessed 3 day weekend !
 
And our boys agree . . .
 
 
 A dear lady at our church brings flowers for all the
ladies . . .
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment