Thursday, January 10, 2013

I've Been Abroad

For the past 4 days I have been in England.
Well, maybe not physically but mentally. hah

I just got interested in Downton Abbey and
have been glued to Hulu to "catch-up"

Oh I love the clothes, the drama, the
emotions, the whole thing.

The series is set in the fictional Downton Abbey, a Yorkshire country house, the seat of the Earl and Countess of Grantham, and follows the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants during the reign of King George V.



Robert is, so far anyway a man of
integrity and kindness.
Cora is a bit odd. Haven't figured
her out just yet. hah

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham
American heiress wife



I love the sister relationships.
My heart breaks for sweet Edith.
How she longs for recognition.
At first I disliked Mary but as she matured
I understood her more.

Lady Sybil Branson (née Crawley)
Lady Mary Crawley
Lady Edith Crawley

 
Oh Matthew love him. So handsome
and charming. We'll see . . .

 Matthew Crawley



Now this gal just cracks me up.
She has the greatest lines.
Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham
Lord Grantham's mother



I truly like Isobel. She is a kind
sincere women.

Isobel Crawley
Matthew's Mother



Carson - who could be more
loyal ?
Charles "Charlie" Carson
Butler




Hard exterior but soft hearted inside.

Elsie Hughes
Housekeeper



Jury still out on him.
He seems to be very soft spoken, a man of
integrity who has been to hell and back yet
seems like he is hiding something.

John Bates
Valet



Anna is my favorite.
So so kind. So caring.
Such a hard worker.
Never a bad word.

Anna Bates (née Smith)
Lady's maid



Nervous Nellie this gal hah
Beryl Patmore
Cook



Poor sweet Daisy.

Daisy Mason (née Robinson)
Kitchen Maid



Oh wow what is a show without a
villian. I love to hate this guy.
Thomas Barrow
Footman



Another villian. I'd like
to knock her out hah

Sarah O'Brien
Lady's maid



Can't wait each Sunday night to see
what is going to happen with these folks.

Abundant Blessings,
Maryellen


No comments:

Post a Comment