Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas - 2014

Hubby and I are having a quiet
Christmas Day this year.

Normally we spend Christmas with
Gar's family but this year they are
away in Florida so we are spending it
with my Uncle Mike and Aunt Rose.
They happen to live next door to us
so we can walk right over. hah

We will celebrate with Gar's family
on Saturday.

We started our Christmas with
a beautiful service at church.


 
We sang this song and it was so beautiful . . .
 
In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

Enough for Him, whom cherubim, worship night and day,
Breast full of milk, and a manger full of hay;
Enough for Him, whom angels fall before,
The ox and ass and camel which adore.

Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But His mother only, in her maiden bliss,
Worshipped the beloved with a kiss.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.
 
We woke up Christmas morning to a joint
effort breakfast.  HAH
Hubby always makes his famous
French Toast Christmas morning.
It has become a tradition.
This year he found a recipe from
Alton Brown - it was sooo good !
 
I wanted to join in so I made
a breakfast casserole.
 

 
Both dishes were so yummy !
 
After breakfast it was present opening time.
Hubby and I were a bit lazy this year and didn't
label any of our gifts to each other with tags.
We thought, there are just two of us we know how
we wrapped them. hah  forget it.
I ended up opening some of his and he some of mine.
Next year tag them hah
 
Hubby bought me this great camera so I can
really blog.  I just need to purchase a SIM card and
I will be good to go.
 
 
Hubby is funny - he is a good listener and every time I
"complain" he seems to listen and make a mental note and
low and behold I end up with a Christmas Gift.
 
Two years ago I complained about my makeup table chair
being wobbly.  Guess who received a new make up chair?
 
Last year I complained about my vacuum - you got it a new
vacuum. 
 
This year I evidently complained about two things hah
 
Having to put on and off my glasses while I shop and
how sore my butt gets riding my exercise bicycle.
 
I received these nifty hooks that are magnets.
You hook your glasses through them and low and
behold they are with you.  I have four different
styles  Sunflower, Angel, Pink Bow and Cross.
 
 
 
 
To solve complaint number two:
Fur seat cover !  hah  My butt may thank you !

 
Gee next year should I "complain" that I need to drive
a new sporty BMW ? hah 
 
I was given the task of bringing dessert to my Uncle
and Aunts.  My Uncle is a meat and potato man.
He hardly eats anything.   But one thing he does
enjoy is strawberry shortcake.
 
I found a recipe from Trisha Yearwood for
Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake.
 
From this:
 
 
To This:


 
We wanted Puerto Rican food for dinner my Aunt
makes it so good. Spanish Rice and Rellenos de Papa
 
 
We had a blessed Christmas and look forward to 2014

 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment