Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wirlwind Weekend ~ Wedding, Naples, HSN & Dali

Hubby and I were invited to a wedding in Naples FL.

My dear friend from childhoods son Jeff is marrying
a lovely Christian girl Melissa.

Here is the lovely couple !




















The church was decorated so beautifully.















So many moving moments - young couple
taking time to pray before their Lord during
their marriage ceremony.  Awesome



More prayer with both sets of parents.



Their young Pastor sang -  I cried like a baby


Somewhere in the world today
A little girl will go out to play
All dressed up in mama's clothes
At least the way that I suppose it goes
 
Somewhere in the world tonight
Before she reaches to turn out the light
She'll be prayin' from a tender heart
A simple prayer that's a work of art
 
And I don't even know her name
But I'm prayin' for her just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon her heart
 
'Cause somewhere in the course of this life
A little boy will need a godly wife
So hold on to Jesus, baby wherever you are
 
Somewhere in the world out there
That little girl's learnin' how to care
She's pickin' up her mama's charms
Or maybe swingin' around in her daddy's arms
 
Somewhere in the world to be
Though the future's not really clear to me
Theirs could be a tender love
Grounded in eternal love above
 
And I don't even know her name
But I'm prayin' for her just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon her heart
 
'Cause somewhere in the course of this life
My little boy will need a godly wife
Oh, so hold on to Jesus, baby wherever you are
Oh, hold on to Jesus, baby wherever you are

Oh this song just kills me !

The bride cuts the cake . . .
























The brides sister makes delicious candies.
These were our favors



















So much planning, preparation, anticipation
and before you know it off to the honeymoon.

























Our group:
Cliff, myself and Sara
(Grandparents of the groom)



















Kinney ladies - Lydie, Cindy, Mom Sara & Holly














Bob and Cindy

 
 

Sara with the Lombardi'a Mike & Maria





Lydie, her boyfriend Al, Sara & Cliff
(Lydie is mother of the groom)





Hubby and I always find the greatest places
to eat while we travel.

Rosati's - Chicago Italian Meat Sandwich




Great breakfast joint - Skillet's

 
 
 
The food is to die for - grits, homemade scones !
 
 
 
 
Blueberry scone




Chocolate chip pecan pancakes




Frosted mug for Florida O.J.




You can see I enjoyed it




Hubby and I set off to the HSN Outlet in Sarasota.

I picked up a few nice things but I have to say
I like the QVC one much better.




Hubby has always liked Salvador Dali's paintings.
I don't really understand them but it was his turn
to do something he enjoys so I sucked it up hah

We headed up to St Petersburg FL to the
Dali Museum.

 
 
 
So pretty on the ride
 
 
















Sky so blue






Hubby has a hard time with unfamiliar bridges because
he was in a horrible car accident on a bridge.
So I had to drive the rental car that I never
drove before over this beauty !  hah hah




The grounds outside the museum were beautiful




Having some fun with the museum toys

















Dolphin with Dali's paintings




Hubby in Dali's famous mustache




Crazy Dali bench





Hubby found this place called Tin City
Right on the water.
Restaurants and shops




It was a warm breezy beautiful night.
We met up with Bob and Cindy for dinner.
Sat right on the water.  Really nice.















Hubby and I had the most unusual dinner

Key West Bag and Bake
Grouper, shrimp, and mahi mahi baked in parchment paper with julienne vegetables, tomato and key lime butter, served with black beans and rice

On Sunday Hubby and I were so impressed with the
wedding and how lovely the church was we
decided to go back and attend the
contemporary worship service.

It was wonderful.  It's an incredible facility.

After church we headed to Ft Lauderdale
for an early flight home.  Just had dinner
at the hotel. 
 
Then we headed home very early Monday AM.

Smaller plane.  2 seats both sides.
Very small overheads.
My suitcase which normally fits fine

didn't fit.  So thankful for a very
kind Steward on the plane.
He allowed me to stuff it as far as I
could under the seat.  (Which
really wasn't too far)  He let it
slide and it was fine.
I was so grateful for his kindness.

Caught the shuttle once we landed
in West Chester than drove oh home
to our kitties.  Who by the way were
very aloof and frankly mad.
They got over it in about 1/2 hour
of us being home. hah





No comments:

Post a Comment