Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lesson in Faithfulness & Trust and Letting Go

I didn't go to church with my hubby this morning.
We drive an hour to church on the Garden State
Parkway and NJ Turnpike.  It can be crazy sometimes
with traffic and speeding cars.

Sometimes my "fears" rear their ugly heads and
I worry about him when I do not go with him.
He is a grown man and it is crazy to think I
could protect him from anything anyway.

So this morning I sent him off in prayer . . .

Well he was late coming home and I was praying
he just was hanging out fellowshipping with our
friends at church.

He comes home and I learn his car broke down
where:  in the gas station getting gas !



THANK YOU LORD

And the mechanic who doesn't work on Sundays
was there just dropping off a mop.

Then he learns the owners of the gas station
are Armenian's like my hubby and they bonded.

Then he finds out they are Christians and
go to Hawthorne Gospel Church.

And all he needed was a new battery.



Obviously God was saying, "Maryellen I have
your hubby in my hands".


  • “Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
    There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
    Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
    As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

    • “Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
        Morning by morning new mercies I see;
      All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
          “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
  • Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
    Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
    Join with all nature in manifold witness
    To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
  • Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
    Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
    Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
    Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment