Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday School Makes a Difference

I just had to post about this precious story. I also want to remember it and my blog is sort of my journal or diary.  My husband Gary teaches 1st & 2nd grade Sunday School. He is gifted with children. We don't have any children of our own but Gary has many, many children as he has taught them for 30 plus years.
This past Sunday he was teaching his class and I had my turn at the administration table.  The teacher for the 3rd & 4th grade classes was not able to teach so there was a vacancy for those students.  It was decided that they would move up to the 5th & 6th grade class for this week and join them.  Well, I am sitting at the admin table and a sweet little girl comes who is in 3rd grade.  I tell her that her teacher is absent and that she can join the 5th & 6th grade this week.  She looks very unhappy with that plan. I asked her if she would feel better going back to the 1st & 2nd grade class with my husband Gary. (she had Gary as her teacher the previous year)  She got the biggest smile on her face and she said . . ."Oh yes, I want to go into Gary's class" then she started to walk towards the class but turned back and said just as serious and sweetly as you can imagine.  "You know I love him"  I almost cried. It was just precious. What a testimony to my husband. What a wonderful legacy he is leaving for these children.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment