Monday, January 10, 2011

Spider-Man - Turn Off The Dark on Broadway 2011

My mother-in law Mary gave us tickets to see Spider-Main on Broadway for Christmas.
Yesterday we went.  It was really something. My goodness they were flying all over the place. 
I really loved the music, you could tell it was from Bono and The Edge. The costumes were great too. Really colorful. The set was amazing looked like you were looking at a 3-D comic book.  There was a little boy next to my husband I would guess he was about 6, my goodness the expression on his face was priceless. He was awestruck.   I knew nothing about Spider-Man and never saw the movies or read the comics.  I didn't know he was bullied and therefore became Spider-Man.  They had that written into the play and it showed the pain a young person feels at being bullied. It was so revelant to today.  The play hasn't officially opened yet, we had tickets for the previews. 
Now I want to rent the movies. hah





1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! My daughter is begging me to take her to Broadway, but she is only seven so I am going to wait a few years! :)Looks like yall had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete