Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dead Sea Scroll Exhibit

Hubby got us tickets to the Dead Sea Scroll Exhibit in NYC.
We had a blast. WOW so interesting.

Here I am outside the exhibit.


It was so neat to see the actual scrolls. I could not get over how
neat the folks handwriting was.
Of course I couldn't read a word of it but it was still so interesting.



We watched a movie about how they found the scrolls and
how they ended up in Israel. 



We were not allowed to take photos
I got these off the Internet.


So much pottery.
Amazing how they pieced them
back together.


 This was an alter they found to
burn incense in direct disobedience
to what God said to only burn incense
in the temple. 


These were used to hold
the bones of deceased
family members.



You go from room to room
and it is all marked and
explained. Very well done.


This was my favorite thing.
The coin of Caesar.
Reminded me of Jesus saying,
 “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and
to God what is God’s.” Mark 12:16-17






We purchased this great book and little pottery jar
to remind us of all we learned and our day.


No comments:

Post a Comment