Saturday, April 14, 2012

Jonah & The Red Caboose Motel

My hubby and I went to Lancaster PA for an overnight
with several couples and friends from our church.
We had tickets to see Jonah at Sight and Sound.
It was so great. I could not even imagine how they
were going to do the whale. I was not disappointed.
I won't give any details as not to spoil it for those
who will be going to see it.


We stayed at a neat motel call The Red Caboose Motel.
It is actual train cars made into motel rooms.
Ours was so nice. I understand each train car is
decorated in a theme.  Ours was Philadelphia
Eagles Football.  My brother-in-law would have
loved it.

Here are a few photos:


You can see from this aerial post card all the train cars
lined up.


Here's our room living room area.
It was like a little house
inside a train car.


Here's our bedroom area.


Here's our shower.
  And our hot tub bath.

Here are some of the
train car rooms.


Here's my hubby standing on the
stairwell to our train car.


Here I am under the railroad sign.



They have a large gift shop
that is everything trains &
Amish.


Inside the gift shop is a huge
train set - so darling


It even has a mountain and skiing
Gondola's heading up the mountain.
Can you see them?




Here's the old conductor
in the gift shop.
Had to grab a photo
of him.


Here I am bright an early
heading into the dining car.




Here's my hubby in the dining car.
We had a delicious breakfast.
Just outside the window you can see
for miles farm after farm.
And as we ate we saw several Amish
families going by in their buggies.




Love it out in Lancaster.
They are bold in sharing
their faith !


No comments:

Post a Comment