Saturday, June 29, 2013

Englishtown Auction

Spent the day with my Mom, Aunt Rose and Hubby.
(Bless my hubby for shopping all day with 3 women)
He is such a good sport !



For 80 years Englishtown Auction Sales has been a part of your community.
Voted THE BEST FLEA MARKET, this landmark has been owned and operated by the Sobechko Family,now in its 3rd generation.

This bargain hunter's paradise of today dates back to 1929. Originating as a meeting place for farmers to buy, trade and sell livestock, farm equipment and produce.
Today, Englishtown Auction Sales, the largest of its kind, is the perfect place to spend your weekend.
 They sell just about anything you can
imagine at the auction. I've been going
here since I was a child.


I picked up these cute sandal's $ 10.00
I also picked up a new shower curtain & rugs
for our bathroom. $ 10.00
Fits our accessories perfectly.


Found this shoe rack and it works
perfectly for all the little bathroom



This was a previous Hobby Lobby find.

Aunt Rose, me and Mom

Here's my adorable hubby ~ caught him by surprise.

They have the most delicious homemade lemonade
I get it every time we go.


On the way home my Aunt stopped so I could
take a photo of Molly Pitcher's well in
Freehold, NJ


At the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778, Mary Hays attended to the Revolutionary soldiers by giving them water. Just before the battle started, she found a spring to serve as her water supply. Two places on the battlefield are currently marked as the "Molly Pitcher Spring." Mary Hays spent much of the early day carrying water to soldiers and artillerymen, often under heavy fire from British troops.
The weather was hot, over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Sometime during the battle, William Hays collapsed, either wounded or suffering from heat exhaustion. It has often been reported that Hays was killed in the battle, but it is known that he survived.

As her husband was carried off the battlefield, Mary Hays took his place at the cannon. For the rest of the day, in the heat of battle, Mary continued to "swab and load" the cannon using her husband's ramrod. At one point, a British musket ball or cannon ball flew between her legs and tore off the bottom of her skirt. Mary supposedly said, "Well, that could have been worse," and went back to loading the cannon.

Later in the evening, the fighting was stopped due to gathering darkness. Although George Washington and his commanders expected the battle to continue the following day, the British forces retreated during the night and continued on to Sandy Hook, New Jersey. The battle was seen as a major victory for the Continental Army.
After the battle, General Washington asked about the woman whom he had seen loading a cannon on the battlefield. In commemoration of her courage, he issued Mary Hays a warrant as a non commissioned officer. Afterwards, she was known as "Sergeant Molly," a nickname that she used for the rest of her life.

Molly's grave in Carlisle, Pennsylvania


Then we went shopping at Costco.
My Aunt has membership. Gar and I
are visiting all 3 stores:
Sam's Club
to see which one we like best to
maybe get a membership.

Hubby saw these crackers there:

Mary's Gone Crackers   ( ha hah )

To end our day hubby and I had a lovely
dinner at Carrabba's
Oh their food is so good!
Seafood Cannelloni ~ hubby choice

Penne Franco ~ my choice
with Shrimp

I just love the bread too!
Now hubby is sound asleep at 8 pm hah
I guess spending the day with 3 talking
women can wear a man out !
God is so gracious to bless us with so much !

No comments:

Post a Comment