Sunday, October 2, 2011

Courageous the Movie


Had a blessed day. After church hubby & I went to lunch with some dear church friends. Gerie & Bart, Cheryl & Dennis, Ana & Jean.  Had a wonderful lunch at the Coach House Diner.  Then we went to see the movie Courageous.  It was wonderful. Funny,  action packed and so so meaningful. Every man should see this movie. 

It touched my heart in so many ways.  I loved the scene with the Dad taking his young daughter out to a fancy restaurant and giving her a ring that she is to wear until the Godly man who will be her husband replaces it with his ring. What young girl wouldn't love her Daddy to do that?

Made me think of my Dad who I never knew. I met him once or twice but it really meant nothing to me as I was young and to me he was just a man who they said is your father.  I don't know what ever happened to him in his life. If he is even alive. I imagine he has died. Praying he received Jesus and I can get to know him in Heaven. 

I don't recall missing him since I never really knew him. God restored the years the locust had eaten and provided a dear neighbor man who became a mentor and Dad to me. And also some wonderful Uncles.  These men lovingly filled in the gap and I truly don't recall having missed my own Dad.

I can't say enough great things about this movie. So thankful for this church and the 4 movies they have made. Each one is special and each one has something important to teach us all.

If you haven't seen them I would recommend seeing them all:

Flywheel
Facing the Giants
Fireproof
Courageous



1 comment:

  1. Maryellen...I know how you feel sweetie. My dad left us when I was 5, and we never heard from him again...ever! Any memories I do have are of him being mean to us.

    Our Heavenly Father is all we need sweet friend. He has always been faithful!

    I loved the Courageous movie. I agree that every man should see it. I pray God will use it to save families, and to touch lives.

    I have loved each of their 4 movies, and I hope they keep making them.

    ReplyDelete