Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vacation Oct 2011 Peachtree City GA

Hubby and I had a wonderful time in Peachtree City GA. It's a great little city.


We love the golf cart trails. Here I am at Publix grocery and you can see the golf carts parked all over. We spoke to a neat man who was strapping his two tiny little grandsons into his golf cart after doing his shopping. He said most people use them to do all their travels around town. He was really a nice man. He said, strap in the Grandsons and drive off in your cart - only in America.


 You see signs all over regarding the carts. They have tons of trails and bridges just for the carts. As you drive along the highways you'll see a cart driving past on their trail.


 Here's one of the cart bridges you pass as you drive your car.
So fun to see them going over the bridge.


 We were delighted to learn that one of our favorite breakfast restaurants in Georgia had a location 10 minutes from our hotel.  It is called The Flying Biscuit.  It is soooooo good!


 As you can see from my breakfast below.  A huge biscuit and grits. Oh my these grits. Creamy like you would not believe.  Made with white cheddar cheese.  Words can't describe them.


 I love the decor of the place. So fun and lively. Great colors.  I purchased a sugar bowl, handmade pottery with Flying Biscuit on the side.


 Here's my cute hubby at Stone Mountain Park. Such a beautiful place.


 The carving depicts three figures of the Confederate States of America: Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, and Jefferson Davis.


 We rode the train around the mountain. It was pretty being fall and the trees changing. We got a real laugh at the breaks of the train.  It was such a loud high pitch squeak.  Hubby was going crazy with it.

 Because we went during the Pumpkin festival they had fun things for children. This is a pumpkin patch they had set up and tons of clothes & hats. You can dress the pumpkins as you like and take photos with your children. The children were having such fun dressing them up.


 We went into Atlanta to the Aquarium. The Georgia Aquarium, located in Atlanta, Georgia, USA at Pemberton Place, is the world's largest aquarium with more than 8.5-million-US-gallon of marine and fresh water housing more than 120,000 animals of 500 different species. The aquarium's notable specimens include four young whale sharks, four beluga whales, and four manta rays


I thought it was cool that it's founder was from Newark NJ. 
Bernard Marcus co-founder of Home Depot.

This is Deepo - the mascot.


 We went to the Dolphin Show. (I didn't take these photos - no camera's allowed) These are from google. The show was called Dolphin Tails. It was really nice. It is a story about good versus evil and the lead singer sounds like he belongs on Broadway. What a voice.  The dolphins are so precious. They wave and jump and flip and perform.


Here's one of the dolphins in his tank.
They swim so fast it was hard to get a shot of them with my little camera.


 We visited The Carter Presidential Center.   I love history. So funny. I hated history in school. I struggled remembering dates etc . . . I remember being young and foolish and complaining to my grandmom - why do I have to learn this? What difference does it make what happened so long ago? Now as an adult I love history. I find it so interesting.  Sure wish I felt different in school.


 I loved this.
The outfits President Carter and Rosalyn wore to be married.
They were so young and looked like kids.


 This is President Carter's high chair..  Wow who would have thought this little one would grow up to be President of the United States - the greatest country in the world !


We visited Joe's Crab Shack.  Hubby and I try to find one where ever we travel. It is just a fun thing we are doing.  So far . . . NJ, CO, DE, FL, TX, and now GA !  We are racking up the States.

 I took this photo for hubby.  He found this place the last two times we visited Georgia. It is called The Buckhead Diner. But let me tell you don't let the term Diner fool you. They have valet parking hah. It is wonderful the food is so good. My hubby eats really, really healthy. He takes great care of himself and hardly ever eats anything we could say was fattening.  Well, he lets himself go at The Buckhead hah  He ordered this the first time we went and he has ever since.

It is thin, thin cut potato chips deep fried and smothered in smooth, creamy hot blue cheese.
He is so happy when he eats this. hah

No comments:

Post a Comment