Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend HighLine Walk NYC

Memorial Day weekend Sunday

Walked the High Line

It is a 1.45 mile long New York City linear park
built in Manhattan on an elevated section of
a disused New York Central Railroad spur called the
West Side Line.

Map of High Line route in Manhattan

We are on our way up!
See the greenery below?
That is where we were headed.






















Oh my those stairs ! But I lived to tell.


The view is amazing along the walk way.
Mural of the old photo VJ Day Sailor & Nurse


Hubby enjoying the view


You can see for miles


Talked hubby into a selfie ! 


Hudson River view


The flowers along the walk way are beautiful


It was CROWDED phew


Here I am - tired but happy


It was fleet week and we saw so many young men in uniform.
The sailors are just adorable.

After our walk we headed for dinner
Time for our favorite Vietnamese restaurant

 
 

So darn good - # 78  that is how we know it hah



  


And to top it off I made my 10,000 steps woo hoo !


I am determined to do 3 days in a row of 10,000 steps
since I am home and not at work it is easier to do it.

Right now I am at 11,433

Tomorrow off to Citifield to see the METS !




No comments:

Post a Comment