Saturday, September 1, 2012

Labor Day Saturday

Started out the day with chores . . .
I know yuck.
But we have to have clean clothes.


Then to breakfast.
We visited one of our favorite diners.
JB's in Freehold NJ
They had some real different items on the specials board.

Hubby chose Pound Cake French Toast w/Strawberries.
How delicious does this look. It was good.
I had a taste hah





 I went outside the box and chose:
An omelet with fresh spinach, artichokes, basil, garlic and goat cheese.
I had never eaten goat cheese before. It was pretty good.

 
Then we did a little shopping because Freehold has our local mall.
JC Penney's and Christmas Tree Shops.
 
Head home for a family visit.
My cousin Jen and her husband Brian were visting
with their two precious children Conor and Cara.
Conor is 4 and Cara is 1.  Both acting shy.
 


Shyness didn't last long when Nana dug out her old badminton rackets.
Cara wanted to carry everything at once. hah






 
Little miss wanted to do everything her older brother did.
We were concerned she might get hit with the swinging racket.
I had to keep moving her out of the way.
She got a bit mad at me !  hah
This is what she does when she is mad.
Curls herself up in a little angry ball. hah
 
 
Meanwhile older brother Conor is quite the athlete. 
 






Aunt Tanya stopped by to see them also.



After visiting I headed home and hubby and I decided to get takeout.

We decided to try a place we have never tried before.
Carlos O'Connor's.  It is a Mexican restaurant in our town.


 






We had taco's, rice, beans, vegetable soup,chips and salsa.
It was really very good.
It wasn't real heavy like some Mexican food can be.
It wasn't real spicy and I didn't find it to be salty.

Colossians 3:23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.


No comments:

Post a Comment