Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day in NYC

Hubby and I headed out early to NYC.
First a quick breakfast at the diner down the road.
Red Oak diner has really good food.


 I had chocolate chip pancakes and a fruit cup
So proud of myself scooped off the butter and didn't use syrup and
only ate 1/2 of the pancakes.



We found a pretty good parking space which on a sunny Saturday
in NYC is really a great accomplishment.

Hubby thought it was close - 13 blocks to the theater hah
Well, at least I did get my needed exercise.

Here I am resting a bit at Columbus Circle
The fountain was so beautiful.


 Here's a little information on Columbus Circle from the Internet.

Columbus Circle, named for Christopher Columbus, is a major landmark and point of attraction in the New York City borough of Manhattan, located at the intersection of Eighth Avenue, Broadway, Central Park South (West 59th Street), and Central Park West, at the southwest corner of Central Park. It is the point from which all official distances from New York City are measured. The name is also used for the neighborhood a few blocks around the circle in each direction. To the south of the circle lies Hell's Kitchen, also known as "Clinton", and the Theatre District, and to the north is the Upper West Side.

I love this huge globe.


I find it quite a challenge to cross the circle on foot.
First you go here, then here, then here. hah
Thank God hubs knows the way - I might still be going around the circle
like Chevy Chase in the movie National Lampoons European vacation. hah
View of Columbus Circle, looking toward the east side down Central Park South from inside the Time Warner Center



Then we walked down Broadway and ran into a street fair!
Oh it was fun.



All the different foods and smells.


They had beautiful scarfs for sale.


And tables and tables of bracelets for $ 3.00 each


The fair took us right past the Late Show with David Letterman.


I don't think there is anything you can't find at a street fair in NYC.
Look at this fruit.  Cups just full of watermelon.


We walked up a thirst so we stopped for a rest and drink from Starbucks!
I had the banana chocolate drink. It is so good.
They use a hole banana you can taste so much banana.
I figured it was good potassium. hah

Hubby sticks with his favorite green tea and honey.


Then we headed to the theater to see "Harvey" with Jim Parsons.
Sheldon from the Big Bang!
He was so great in this play.
Just adorable!






After the play we headed to diner at one of our favorite NYC burger joints.


Hubs got the 5 Napkin Burger with fries.
I've had this in the past when I wasn't focused on losing weight.
It is really delicious.

I got the 5 Napkin Burger Salad.
It was so good too!
No bread or fries.
A delicious salad with one of their perfectly cooked burgers on top.


Then we headed home. I was exhausted but
I had to bake a cake for tomorrow's Father's Day BBQ
with my in-laws.

I am making a Harvest Cake.
It has apples, raisins and walnuts.
I found it in the Armenian cookbook I purchased last week.
Hope they like it ; )





This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24


No comments:

Post a Comment