Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fun Saturday

Today was about relaxing and fun. 

Well, not entirely.

First we had to take care of business.

Some of this . . .


Well maybe it looked more like this  . . . laundromat hah


You can work up an appetite doing this so we headed next to breakfast.

My hubby's favorite NJ Diner.  JB's


They gave great food and it is really fun inside.
All decorated fifties style.
A lot of Elvis memorabilia, old cars, a real old juke box.




I am sticking with my healthy eating plan.
I ordered a vegetable omelet - no cheese . . .ouch that still hurts a bit
Instead of the greasy fattening home fries I had grits.
Has them hold the extra butter and salt too . ..


I have a dear friend from the south who hates grits and hates butter.
WHAT ?   I tease her all the time about it. 
Funny part is she is
in her mid-fifties and to this day her
Mom has no idea she doesn't eat grits.
She said it will break her heart.
She slips them to the dog hah

Hubby, skinny little man, had bacon, home fries and eggs.
He said, yes but how often do I eat this way? Which is true.
Not very often. He is teaching me much about healthy eating
and making choices.

We decided to go to a movie this afternoon.

We selected:


We love Alex (Ben Stiller) Marty (Chris Rock)
Melman (David Schwimmer) & Gloria (Jada Pinkett Smith)


Great cast.  Really cute movie.


I get such a kick out of the penguins.




Hubby loves -King Julien XIII (Sacha Baron Cohen)
He constantly sings "You've Got To Move It, Move It"
Oh gosh don't get him started. hah




Mort (Andy Richter)
How adorable is Mort?

Several new characters were introduced.

This new gal, wow she was mean
but you have to love a women with red lipstick.

Captain Chantel DuBois


Stefano the sea lion.  (Martin Short)


Vitaly the tiger (Bryan Cranston)


Gia the Jaguar (Jessica Chastain)


Sonya the bear (Frank Welker)



Because my husband is from New York City
he really enjoys the NY jokes and scenes of NY in Madagascar.

After the movie we headed to Bertucci's for a bite.
I was in the mood for pizza and I can build my own pizza at Bertucci's
so I can watch my calorie intake.


The brick oven pizza is so delicious


And the bread and oil dip. YUM


I made my own pizza with spinach and mushrooms.
Ate 1/2 and will save 1/2 for Monday night dinner.
This is also new to me. I could finish off a 4 slice pie easily. hah
It feels good to have some control with the choices I am making
and on Monday I will be soooo glad I saved 1/2.

Later tonight we always try to watch two of our favorite shows
from the BBC.

Keeping Up Appearance's

Hyacinth Bucket or as she always says, Bouquet. hah



You have to love them all, a great cast.

Hyacinth, Daisy, Onslow, Richard, Violet, Rose, Elizabeth and Emmett.



My husband loves Onslow.
Sometimes if I'm in my office I can hear
him just cracking up at him.

Then after this one comes,

As Time Goes Bye .  .

This is another great one.
About former lovers who reunite after 40 years.


Judy, Jean, Lionel, Alistair, Sandy


I absolutely love Lionel, he has very dry, dry humor.
I just "get" him hah


This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment