Sunday, June 24, 2012

Picnic With My In-Laws

Today was the annual picnic at my
mother-in-laws church.
She goes to St Gregory Armenian Church in
White Plains, NY

They have a beautiful building.

They get a big crowd and have tables set up all over the grounds.
We were there early and we had to take the shuttle bus because
the parking was already full.


The food is really good. I am learning to really enjoy my husbands culture.


Here's Gary's cousin Chris at the grill.
These men work all day in the hot sun by the hot grill.
They really have servant hearts.



This is what we had to eat.
Hubby had the lamb like below
and I had chicken. It comes with rice pilaf, grilled
tomato, peppers and pita bread.


This is the dessert table.
My mother-in-law Mary can make all these desserts.
She is a great cook.


They had an Armenian band.


It was fun watching the folks doing the Armenian dances.
I told Gary I want him to teach me one for next year. HAH


Here is my mother-in-law Mary in the red shoes and sunglasses.
She is 86 and she had no problem keeping up with the youngsters.
It was hot and she just did her thing.
One of the dances she explained to me is about a young girl
who's family finally afforded to buy her new shoes.
And she is showing them off.
They dance and put their foot in and out of the circle.
I thought that was very touching.


I know my marriage is a gift I do not take for granted.
I am blessed to have wonderful in-laws.

 Every good and perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

This is how this verse is written in Armenian:
Յուրաքանչյուր լավ եւ կատարյալ նվեր է վերեւից: James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment