Sunday, July 1, 2012

Quinceanera - Alexandra

Quinceañera sometimes called Fiesta de Quince Años, Fiesta de Quinceañera, Quince Años or simply Quince, is the celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday in parts of Latin America and elsewhere in communities of people from Latin America. This birthday is celebrated differently from any other birthday, as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood.

Last night I went to my God-daughter Jeannies, daughter Alexandra's Quinceanera.
It was really a beautiful ceremony and a fun night.

This is Alexandra and her little brother AJ making their grand entrance.
She is just stunning!
Wow I didn't look like that at 15 hah


Here she is with her "court" and they are doing a dance routine for us.
Bless there hearts they practiced for months. It went beautifully.


After the dancing Mom puts the tiara on her daughter.


And Dad takes off her flat ballet shoes and puts on her high heels.
A symbol of leaving childhood into womanhood.
It was very touching - not a dry eye in the house.


The final ceremony was the lighting of her 15 candles.
Alexandra wrote a little something about the 15 most important people in her life.
Here are her candles after they were all lit.


This is Alexandra with her Nana, my friend Cindy.
We have been friends since we were in kindergarten.


This is Alexandra with her God-parents.
The Godmother is my cousin Jennifer.


This is Alexandra with her Dad, Jorge.
There was not a dry eye when she spoke about her Dad.


Here I am with Alexandra.


Here I am with hubby, Gary.
He is squinting because the "disco" lights were blinding his eye. hah


Here's my god-daughter Jeannie and my cousin Jen.
These two gals grew up together.



Here is my cousin Tanya, friend Cindy (the nana) and my Aunt Rose.



Here's Alexandra and her Mom, Jeannie, my God-daughter.
You can see where she gets her beauty from.


This is Jeannie and Toni her younger sister.


Here's AJ dancing with his Aunt Toni.
He is quite the ladies man.



Love the expression !

Finally here is Alexandra and her full court !


Happy Birthday Alexandra - wishing you a wonderful womanhood!



Today hubby and I went to see Brave !

Oh what a great little movie.
Good lessons to be learned.



Could these 3 be any cuter ?
Hamish, Hubert and Harris . . .


 Something about the red hair just made the characters even more precious.

Merida is a beauty you just fall in love with her spunk !


Dad and Mom


Phew it was a full weekend.

Glad I have a few days off work this week to recover hah


I have Monday and Tuesday off for vacation days . . .
I am considering doing a little of this on the Jersey Shore.
Depending if it is not too HOT !


If it is too hot I will do this . . . hah

No comments:

Post a Comment