Sunday, July 8, 2012

VBS - Adventures on Promise Island

Today was our final Sunday of VBS
The children went on stage during worship and
sang the songs they learned.
Our Pastor chatted with each child after they sang and it is
hysterical. Out of the mouths of babes . . .hah

Then we had a wrap up party for the kids.
This years theme was Adventures on Promise Island.



My hubby assisted in teaching the 3 & 4 Graders

The children learned about these 5 promises of God

  • I am with you.
  • I care about you.
  • I give you what you need.
  • I will save you.
  • I will answer you.

After the singing the classes all combined together
and watched a fun movie.



What's a movie without popcorn.
And for those children who prefer these - yum


And finally "chef Tony" a dear man from church who loves to cook.
Blessed the children with hot dogs !

Watermelon

And apple juice.


The children had a fun time and learned a lot.
They got to take home their Leis that they wore each week on the island.




Tonight - it is still so hot - so hubby and I are going just down
the road to our local Friendly's.
They just remodeled ours so I am anxious to see how it goes.
It had gotten a bit run down.


I enjoy their food and it is really inexpensive.


Then we can't wait to come home to watch . . .


This season has been great.
Such a fun competition.
We each have our favorites and opinions.
We'll see who is right hah
But we both know there is only one race that counts . . .

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment