Sunday, October 28, 2012

Birthdays & Anniversary Celebration Sunday

Today we met my mother-in-law Mary
and sister-in-law Linda for brunch.
We were celebrating my October 24th
birthday, Mary's October 25th birthday
and my hubby and my October 27th
5 year anniversary.

They invited us to Beacon Restaurant
in NYC for brunch.

Neither hubby nor I have ever eaten
there before.



It was really nice inside.



Hubby ordered:

Fried Chicken & Buttermilk Waffles pepper gravy &
organic NY State maple syrup

He had a side of  Home Fried Potatoes

This was a surprise to me. He doesn't normally
eat anything fried. He let me taste his chicken.
It was really good.



I ordered:

Potato Latkes with Wood Roasted Salmon poached egg & horseradish

It was really good. I've never seen a
poached egg cooked so perfectly !

I had a side of Hagwood Mills Grits
They were really good.



Plus we had:
Freshly Baked Muffins, Breads & Jams
Wood Fired Bloody Mary, Mimosas or Bellinis
Then we headed home to snuggle in
for Hurricane Sandy.

I'm pretty sure we will be okay.
We don't live in a flood prone area.
I'm sure a possible loss of power as we
always seem to lose power every storm.

This one looks like it is major !

Hoping the media is just blowing it
out of proportion as they can tend to do.

But we'll see . . .
Here is my Hurricane preparedness supplies


1)  Must have water



2) Must have  . . . well you know


3) Don't have to have just for ride home hah



4) Must have chocolate for tomorrow if home bound


5)  Hubby had to have one too but he'll eat
his in probably ten years.  I'm serious . . . hah



6) Must have for COFFEE !


There that ought to do it !

Well, we did make ice in the event we lost power.
We have plenty of P&J, bread and tuna.




He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.  Psalm 107:29

1 comment:

  1. Maryellen...Happy Belated Birthday...and Happy Anniversary too! May God rain down blessings upon you dear lady! Glad you got to celebrate before the storm. (:>)

    I am so sad to see all of the results of hurricane Sandy. I know it must be so hard for all of you who live in those areas. We have been praying...for all affected by it.

    Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today. We have had several things going on with some family issues and some of my kids have had some struggles etc....and I think I just need to get away for awhile and recharge my spiritual batteries! (:>)

    I am thankful for Christian friends and all of the sweet ladies who God has brought into my life through blogging. Hopefully I will come back refreshed.

    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete